Saturday, June 4, 2011

Camp out!

Liam and I had a fun campout this week. I'm looking forward to taking him camping and floating in the summers when he is older. I thought we would start by just setting up the tent in the backyard.

He "helped" me set up the tent... which meant he wanted to take the mallet and hit everything with it.
and we had a "campfire" in the backyard, and enjoyed some S'mores. I think this was also a first for Liam. He would rather have raw marshmallows and graham crackers.

Liam was fascinated with the flashlight. Especially as the night got darker, he wanted to have the ability to have some light in the tent.

We didn't get to sleep until well after 10 pm, which is 2 hours past his bedtime. He just wanted to crawl around the tent, and explore every corner. Then he went through the phase were he kept asking to see Mommy. She was inside taking care of Zeke. My hopes of him making it outside all night were slowly vanishing...

He kept getting distracted by the outside noises. Bugs cricketing, birds chirping, planes flying by overhead, or helicopters on their way to the hospital. Sirens in the distance (he wanted to go see the "ambubance"). We read his bedtime books several times, and I sang his bedtime song many times. Finally, I turned on the noise maker on my phone (I use it for Zeke), which helped drown out the distractions.

I wasn't sure he'd make it, but we slept out all night! Then the next day he didn't want to get out of the tent, so I think he had a good time...

Zeke missed playing with big brother in the tent all night, but had a good time watching the smores. It won't be long until we all go on campouts together.
We had a fun first camping outing. I can't wait for the next one. And I don't think Liam can either.


3 comments:

  1. You are such a good Daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie,
    This is Molly Klintworth. I'm a former recipient of the Barbara Mashburn Singers. We never sang together, but Barbara has spoken very highly of you. Anyway, Barbara asked me to help her find your blog...so, here we are! :) Such a fun, precious family you seem to have. If you wouldn't mind, Barbara would love to be able to contact you by phone. :) Would you please e-mail me your phone number? My e-mail address is Molly.Klintworth@gmail.com
    Thank you so much! I hope to hear from you soon.
    Sincerely,
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Logan, I just love seeing the photos of your family! Post more!!!!!

    ReplyDelete