Friday, April 23, 2010

The Best Part of the Day

As I write this, it is 5:40pm on Friday night. It is amazing how the worst part of the day quickly becomes the best part of the day. The worst: waiting for Logan to get home! The best: When he does finally come home and Liam says, "DaDa!"

Liam and his Daddy are pals. He loves playing with Logan! Logan is a lot rougher with Liam, throwing him around and turning him upside down. Liam loves to go under Daddy's legs, and over his body if he is laying on the ground.

It is such a fun time of day for me too! I am usually pretty tired and out of tricks in my hat for Liam. I am fixing dinner, and glad to have the help. I know Logan loves it too! Sometimes they go outside and run around, climb stairs, or just explore.

Logan's shoulders are quickly replacing the backpack as Liam's favorite mode of transportation. What could be a better view of the world, and how much more comfort can a little boy feel than when riding on his big, tall Daddy's shoulders?

We will not see much of Logan as he is on call all weekend, but we sure are looking forward to having tonight together! Speaking of which, I better go check on our pizza sauce!

*So, actually Liam had to go to sleep before Logan even made it home tonight! Liam said "DaDa, DaDa" the whole time I was dressing him for bed! He missed his favorite time of the day! Oh well, it happens!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. That's funny, it's the same for me here, but the roles are reversed Aletheia says "Mommy, where's Mommy?"

    ReplyDelete