Thursday, April 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Lindsey!


Many things about being in Kenya are great. One thing that is not: missing family and friends! Today I am missing Linds. She is my best friend and today is her birthday! I won't say how old she is, but it is definitely younger than me, so she is still in the clear.

I wanted to post a few pictures of us through the years. She is truly a gift from God to me. We met in 2005 while working on a production for the James River Womens Conference. Lindsey was the lead, while I wrote and produced it. It was the first of many productions we have done together!! I wish I had a picture, but I think we were just really busy that day!

We soon added Chrissy to the mix and started our weekly coffee dates that lasted for years! Our first big adventure was New Years 2006! Road trip to Kansas City! Logan was on call in his first year of Residency, so I skipped town and had a girls night!

We have been friends through so many stages and highlights in our lives. In May of 2008 we celebrated Linds's graduation from Evangel. That was also around the same time Chrissy got engaged to Caleb!

Fall of 2008 we flew to California for Chrissy's wedding. This was when Lindsey and Christopher started dating. We dragged those flowers he got her all over the country, and through several airports. They even survived my morning sickness and Lindsey's sympathy sickness!

It was not long before this "guy who sent her flowers" became "the guy she is going to marry". We schemed with Christopher and rejoiced with them the night he gave her the rock!

Lindsey has been there for me through thick and thin. And when I say "thick and thin", I mean she (the thin one) was there when I (the thick one) was about ready to burst and starting to have contractions!

Logan and I love hanging out with Christopher and her, and have enjoyed watching their relationship go from flirting to fiance and beyond. We watched as they held tiny little newborn Liam together, talking about how that could be them one day in the future. Linds, you don't have any news for me by the way?! Just kidding!

Here we are almost a year after their wedding too! It was beautiful, and an "Honor" to stand beside her as her "Matron!" SO many memories from picking out her dress, to all the showers, to trying to guess how big I would be two months after giving birth. The sales lady made me force myself into bridesmaid dresses even though I was waaaaaaay pregnant! There was even excitement up to seconds before walking down the isle. Right after taking this picture with Liam, we heard music, got up and Lindsey tripped over the cord to this fan and spilled water all over herself and her sister-in-law! That was Lindsey's only non-graceful moment ever!

Speaking of graceful, I could really use Lindsey's help here at Tenwek! I am putting together a little ballet performance with the MK girls and often think about how Lindsey would be doing a much better job than I am. I could go on and on, but then I would miss her even more than I already do! It have been a joy to be her friend. Logan and I look forward to spending time with all of our friends and family when we return this summer.

Happy Birthday, Linds!

No comments:

Post a Comment