Sunday, March 14, 2010

More Masai (pictures)


All the Masai children loved to see Liam walk. The rest of the group was inside one of the mud huts with the Chief. Liam was so fussy and mad at me because I would not let him touch the puppies. They were adorable, and just his size. He kept saying "Dod" which is dog. I would love to let him play with a puppy, but just not where we were. Probably all the dogs not only have fleas, but who knows how many types of worms. So, we played with the kids instead! I just tried to turn him away from the "doddies."


This was one of the young men who jumped really high. He loved Liam, but Liam was not too sure about these Masai people. He just looked closely at them and their adornments. Plus, he was actually missing nap time to be here.

Below is a picture of one of the men jumping really high. If you look at his head compared to the other men's heads you can tell how high he is. On the left are the women. They stood in a line and sang in high voices while the men chanted in very low tones made in the back of their throat. I wished we could get closer to them, and just about that time, they came over a grabbed us by the hand!
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhGooZkeccwg_LjFxiCIVR3myXOxHGuwTm3rmFTnCln15_hIoXMpnpdkcAVX-PC2V28HQubYYgWMQygnqmAQsedecxV8kkiEPVjtZsVGOE6d_5Go-1H0GvAjk5VGBCIk-Ffg_uHRk3QTvo/s1600-h/DSC_1791.JPG">
 
Posted by Picasa

Riley and I got to jump right along with them! Before I knew it, I was singing right along with them too! It was a memorable day!

No comments:

Post a Comment