Sunday, March 7, 2010

In Nairobi!

 
We just arrived in Nairobi. We're here to pick up my brother, Luke, and my niece, Riley. They should be landing in about 10 hours, so we'll meet them at the airport in the morning. We are so excited! I don't know if we'll be able to sleep tonight. Partly because of the excitement, but also because of the gecko we saw on the wall just now. I saw it first, and had to warn Julie not to freak out and scream when she saw it, so she wouldn't wake up Liam. We really do have a sweet room here, much nicer than the first one we had. We'll take some more pics of this room, as well as the rest of the Mennonite Guest House tomorrow and upload them for you.

We're excited to show Luke and Riley around Nairobi (the little bit of it that we are familiar with). Tomorrow is just shopping, and then Tuesday we head back out to Tenwek. Please pray for their (and our) safety while they are visiting. That they wouldn't get any kind of illness, that jet lag wouldn't bother them, and that they have an amazing experience while they are here, and the Lord will speak to them and draw them both closer to Him.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I'm thrilled that everyone is there safe and sound - you are going to have such a GREAT time!!! I laughed really hard at your picture because I KNOW about lizard roommates and I imagine Julie and I have have the same opinion of them :) We had a pretty good sized lizard roommate in Calcutta. We named him Lenny the Lizard. I just kept telling myself that he was eating bugs and didn't want to eat me, but I didn't like being alone in the room with Lenny :) Hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete