Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Shamrock Shakes and Missing Shoes

Well Liam and I both had a first on St. Patrick's Day. Liam's experience was much more fun I'm sure! He had his first milkshake! The Roberts hosted a Shamrock Shake party for all the Missionary Kids. It was fun seeing everyone dressed in green.

Liam has the cutest all green safari outfit. I dressed him in it early that morning and put on his new brown boots that were purchased before we left the states. He looked adorable! At snacktime, he kicked his shoes off under the table. When I got him out of his highchair, he picked one up and took it to the other room. I cleaned up his tray, bib, etc. Soon it was time to get ready and head out the door to the party. I changed his diaper, but then I could not find that shoe! I frantically started searching everywhere. I ran quickly all over the house. Liam followed me from room to room. I wished he could tell me where it was! After searching as much as I could, I chose another pair of shoes (that, of course, did not match).
 


When I returned home from the party, I turned our house upside down. I mean I looked everywhere Liam can reach, and even some places I don't think he can reach. I got down on the floor in every room, looking under chairs and beds. I looked in all the trashcans. I even looked in the toilet! He had been going in and out of the house that morning, so I even looked all over outside. I had Nancy ask the neighborhood kids if they had seen it.

Finally I assumed it was left outside and stolen or carried away by roosters. There literally was nowhere it could be inside. I looked, Nancy looked, and Logan looked. I think perhaps Riley and Luke looked a little! I have to admit, I was in a little bad mood that day. These shoes are really nice. My parents bought them for Liam before we left. What would I tell them? Would I even tell them at all? I realized this was the first of many lost things, especially shoes, even as I was trying to get out the door. But, how was I unsuccessful on my first lost shoe? I am "the finder" of my family!

Well, 24 hours later, Nancy walks in the back door holding a sweet little brown shoe! I rush to hug her and thank her! Where was it?? It had found its way into our dirty clothes basket that was in our closet. Ahhhhh, yes. I did not look there. I should have thought of that! He does get clothes out of there often. Thankfully the shoe did not get washed.

So, all in all it was an adventure! I'm sure he will lose many more things in the future. And Liam did not mind that his shoes looked a little silly at his Shamrock Shake party. He was just enjoying the ice cream!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Liam cannot get any cuter I am already screaming with delight at how ADORABLE that little man is. He sure knows how to work a shamrock :) All I can say about the lost shoe... "welcome to my world!" I love you and I am excited to celebrate your birthday with you (in spirit) tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me first say, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! (As a writer, I just really reached into the platitudes there huh?) You look beautiful; you are beautiful inside and out; and you have a marvelous little family!!! I can't get over how big he's getting! I see him standing there all on his own in that outfit??? Oh my. Words escape me.
    I love you guys very much!

    ReplyDelete