Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Adjusting

We now have slightly more reliable internet in our apartment, so this is my first time to blog!  Logan is at work.  Liam just went down for a nap.  It has been a slower adjustment than I had anticipated.  After we all three could keep food down, I was thankful.  I have been trying to "feather our nest" as best I can.  With no feathers.  When we arrived we had no shelves, dressers, drawers, or any "surface" really to put things in or on.  The people at Tenwek are so nice and helpful though.  One missionary wife found two old broken dressers in storage.  We bleached them and decided to use them broken.  If someone comes to fix them great.  If not, great.  Liam was so cute "helping" Logan move it into our bedroom.  I will try to upload the little video I got of it.  Speaking of Liam...

He is trying to get his sleep patterns transitioned still I think.  He takes a few very short naps in the day and wakes up through the night.  Pray for guidance for me as to what to do with and for him.  He is slowly getting used to his new home, but many times clings close to me.  He calls me "Mimimi."  It's cute.  Much of my time is spent steering him away from shoes he loves to put in his mouth and outlets, which are much bigger here for little fingers!  I taped a couple this morning, but I should've done it out of his sight because he marched right over and took the tape right off the wall!  He is walking 95% of the time.  Hardly any crawling anymore.  He likes to push chairs around, which makes a fun screech on the concrete floors!  We have cows right outside our door, so I take Liam to visit them.  I say "moooo" and he makes this big "mmmmmm" sound.  Now when I read his book that has a cow in it and moo, he makes the same sound.  He is so smart!

Today I am having tea (or Chai) at 10am at the Manchester's house.  She is a career missionary who hosts a bible study for new missionary wives once a week.  Then we have lunch at another missionary house, the Spreigals.  Everyone has been so hospitable.  I have not cooked a big meal yet.  I think tomorrow I will tackle it.  I can do it.  I can do it!

Well, there is much to write, but also much to do.  Perhaps another day I will be much more eloquent and insightful.  For now, we will just go with my random thoughts.  Love to all!
Julie

1 comment:

  1. Colleen and David here! We just love reading your blog together and are glad everyone is feeling better. Thinking of you guys! We can't wait to see pictures. Sending our love! xoxox -The Morrisons

    ReplyDelete