Thursday, January 7, 2010

At Tenwek

[Internet is still sketchy so I'll keep this short until I know more about it.  Pictures to come later.]

We safely arrived at Tenwek yesterday afternoon.  Liam had picked up a stomach bug on the flight or in Nairobi, and is already doing better from it.  But he passed it on to Julie and me.  Last night I started having symptoms and Julie today.

So our first full day at Tenwek was one of zero productivity.  Mainly rest and hydration.  I wanted to get started right away, but was wisely counseled to wait until I'm well or I can make it worse for myself.  It reminds me that it is not about the talents that I bring, but about letting the grace of God work through me.

Pray for a quick recovery for all of us.  We appreciate your prayers so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment