Friday, January 8, 2010

The View From Here



Liam loves to crawl over to the door, play with the curtains, and look out at our amazing view.

Answers to prayer:

First, all of our luggage made it.  We checked 9 items, including 2 bags which were ophthalmic medical instruments that were mailed to us before we left.  Five items were waiting for us in Nairobi.  Our five trunks.  But not the two medical suitcases, nor the stroller or carseat.  The next night the carseat and one medical suitcase arrived.  The carseat came just in time for our ride out to Tenwek (which was amazing, I didn't even mention last time, but we saw 3 or 4 different groups (herds) of zebras, 1 group of gazelles, and 1 group of giraffes!).
Then today, the other medical suitcase, and Liam's stroller arrive at Tenwek delivered from the airport, what an answer to prayer.

Second, we are all feeling better.  Liam started getting sick in Nairobi, but he is great now, and sleeping better, I think the jetlag is wearing off of us all.
I'm feeling much better and was able to have the medical orientation at the hospital today.  I saw my first patient in Casualty (that is the ER).  Status epilepticus.  Also saw blindness from CMV retinitis.
And Julie is still getting over it some, but is about 75%, on her way to full recovery.  Thank you for your prayers.

Julie is going shopping in Bomet tomorrow.  I'll have some more orientation.  Pray for me as I start a 2-month rotation in surgery on Monday.

I was going to include the view that Liam was looking at, but this picture took so long to upload, I'm going to have to wait until next time to show you the beauty of Kenya that we see everytime we look outside.

In suspense?

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait!!!! I was Glad to hear from you. Keep the word coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Logan....great to hear from you. Glad everything has gone well thus far. We'll continue to pray for you and your family. Look forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete