Sunday, January 24, 2010

A lovely walk

 

We took a long walk on Sunday afternoon. We went to the waterfall, which is not far from our house. Here I am at the waterfall. We attracted a group of kids as we walked. When I stood to watch the water. They crowded in on both sides of me and were touching my arms and hands. This girl in the bright shirt especially. I told her I liked her earrings. She may not have understood, but I think she got the idea. They just look at us and laugh! Not like making fun, but just embarrassed to be this close.

We then kept walking, probably about two miles, across the river and made a big loop back to Tenwek. We passed many people who waved very friendly at us and pointed at Liam in the backpack. My legs were sore when we returned, so I was thankful Logan was carrying that little guy! The walk was a little long for Liam. He fell asleep right in his backpack carrier. He just slumped over and snoozed to the rhythm of Logan's steps. Perhaps we can post a picture of that as well. Keep praying for us! Much love,
Julie
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment