Friday, May 14, 2010

Liam's World

Logan has been busy lately, going out to the village, taking OB call, and on the Medicine wards. Not many "life-changing" things are going on around the house, except that Liam's life is constantly changing: growing, learning, and saying new words.

One of these new words, "hello" goes right along with something he loves to do: play with the phone! He has not called anyone yet (that we know of). Luckily there is a page button on the phone base because he's hidden it a few times. Oh, speaking of pager, yesterday from out of no where Liam looked at Logan's pager on his "bet" (belt) clip and said "pager" and pushed the buttons which made it go to vibrate. He loves any gadget. He always tries to play on the computer, and when he sees his face on the wallpaper, he says "Niam".

We are pretty sure that he is about to pop out tooth number 4. He is restless at night, and we can see it right under the gum. That will make 3 on top and 1 on bottom. When he teethes, he tends to get loose stools, which leads to diaper rash, which leads to a little naked time so his bottom can "air out." I gave him some diaper-free time yesterday while I was putting the laundry away. It was pouring rain, so we had to be inside anyways. I was busy in the dresser drawers and Liam said "Moaney. Moaney." (Which is Liamese for "raining.") I said "Yeah, buddy I know. It's raining." Then I thought, wait he can't see outside right now. I looked at him and he stood confused looking down at the increasing puddle around his feet. He looked up at me and again said "Moaney." These are the times I do not mind having concrete floors throughout our house!



He continues to just love everything that Logan is and does. After his morning milk, he loves to climb on Daddy to wake him up and play the face game. He grabs Logan's nose and says, "doze." He continues around Daddy's "bace" with his "eye," "eyebaw" (brow), "ohr" (ear) and "hohr" (hair). He knows where the mouth is, but I don't think I have heard him say it yet. Next he searches for Daddy and Mommy's "bella" (bellybutton).

Then he munches on some Loopy Nuts (Kenyan Honey Nut Cheerios) while Mommy makes coffee. He loves the box because it has a big gray "Ella" on the front. He recently has started to do the Elephant noise like I showed him while raising his hand up like a trunk. So adorable. His favorite breakfast is "eddy", which is great because Logan and I both love the fresh eggs around here too.

As soon as Daddy sits down to the table, Liam claps his hands together and says, "ssss." We are not sure why, but this means pray. The only thing we can think is that we say, "Let's pray," and he hears the s sound most, or he picks out the s's in Jesus during the prayer. Speaking of prayer, every nap and bedtime, we sing Jesus Loves Me right before I lay him down. It is so sweet because he sings along saying "bibuh, bibuh" picking out the "Bible tells me so" in the beginning and end.

When I get him out of bed, he searches for his giraffe and lifts it up for me to kiss on the nose. He calls giraffes "raja." So, basically he is switching the r and the g sound. Logan has lovingly nicknamed his giraffe "Roger".

Soon after he wakes up from a nap, we have a snack of a "nana" (banana) and perhaps some Chapati, which is his newest word - "Pati". He doesn't sit for long though, he is always eager to go "souside" and moo at the "tows," bark at the "doddy," or watch the "boidy" fly high into the "tee."

He knows right where I keep his shoes (on the mantle where he can't reach them). Often he will stand right under them, stretch his hand up and say "shoes," which sounds a lot like the way he says "juice".

Our day is filled with bowls on the head, playing with cars and trucks (anything with wheels is a "dado" -- don't even ask me where he got that). He also likes playing with blocks ("balk") and helping mommy put away laundry (usually he helps by unfolding it). He loves socks "ssssah" and pants "piz."

He drags them around the house, hides under them, and gets all tangled up! He is like my own wise little Yoda with me all day!

He loves to read his "boot". His favorite book right now is a Sesame Street book called Let's Share. He says "bebby" when Elmo shares his seat with a mom and her babies, he puts his mouth on the page when Grover shares a pear, and at every page turn helps me read the book by saying "Shayoh" (share).

Every nap time and night time, he shuffles through a small pile of books and finds Let's Share for me to read again and again. After I finish he takes it from me, says "doww," hops down from my lap and puts it back with the others. He rummages through the stack again and finds, you guessed it, Let's Share! He gives it back to me asking "boot?" I have had to start only letting him choose it three times. Otherwise he would never go to bed!

Let's hope he is really learning what the book is saying and can be polite and "shayoh" with the other kids at Tenwek!

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go change Liam's "diapo."

No comments:

Post a Comment