Monday, May 3, 2010

"There were never such devoted sisters!"

Logan has done this really cool thing with our pictures on Picasa. He set up a feature that goes through all our pictures, finds the faces, and labels them for us! I'm actually not sure if the feature is available online, but we can do it from our computer.

Basically I can search through thousands of pictures according to who is in them! We did this primarily for Liam. We are trying to keep him familiar with all the family back home. Since he can not see our precious family everyday, we show him pictures! His attention only lasts so long, so I am lucky if I get through all the pictures of one person in a sitting, just flipping through them quickly and repeating their name over and over.

Today I started going through all the pictures we have that contain my sister! Not a good idea, Juls.

It made me miss her so much! So many times while I have been in Africa I have really wanted Kari to be here. She could help me figure out this living in a third world thing! She and I have both traveled extensively internationally, but for some reason never together!

We have a great time together. We have laughed and cried a lot! I miss our long talks in the bathroom while we get ready.

Sushi restaurants in whatever city she lives in at the time of my visit. (Kari and John have lived in many cool places.)

I miss my LA visits to her swanky places where we have many adventures like beach trips, aerobics and belly dancing, and scoring awesome seats at the Dancing With the Stars filming.

I am so proud of her many accomplishments. She was probably one of the best and brightest stars Pepperdine Law School ever saw.

I wish I had a picture of Kari (aka Elle Woods) workin' it in her movie-worthy LA law firm building. I think we rocked enough boats that day bustin' out the stroller complete with a real baby! Those attorneys (and that restaurant) didn't know what hit them!

Congrats to Kari on passing the Oregon Bar now too! Logan and I can not wait to visit their NEW HOUSE in Portland!

2 comments:

  1. Sister, I am totally crying! This made me miss you too! Even more I should say - I miss you everyday, but seeing these pictures made me miss you MORE (if that's even possible!!!) Soon and very soon, you will only be a phone call away. And YES, we cannot wait to show you Portland. You will love it because it will connect with your very artistic soul. I love you to pieces and I am grateful beyond words that the Lord entrusted me with the best sister to ever walk planet earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yall are so sweet!! i pray everyday that my girls {and boy} grow up as close as yall have always been!!!!

    ReplyDelete