Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Strong-Willed Warrior

William Justice Banks was given that name for a couple reasons. Logan and I both have Williams in our family, so we liked the idea of keeping it in the family. We love the name Liam, keeping with Logan's Irish roots, and it is a unique nickname of William. But, the main reason we named him what we did is the meaning of his name. Liam (and William) means Strong Warrior, or Strong-Willed Warrior. So when you throw the Justice in there, we just thought it was a recipe for a strong, and really cool, name.

Liam is now starting to learn, and live up to, his name. I forgot to mention something that he did when we visited Umoja Orphanage. I was explaining the song Jesus Is My Superhero to the kids by telling them that Jesus is Strong, Mighty, and All-Powerful. I asked them if they were strong and said, "Show me your muscles and say STRONG!" They did, then I heard a little "STAOO" behind me and turned around and Liam was showing off his muscles! All the kids laughed.

This morning Logan and I were laughing about that, and wondered if Liam remembered. Sure enough! Here are two videos of my little strong one showing off his muscles.


1 comment:

  1. This CRACKS me up! I cannot watch it enough :) That boy will just keep getting stronger!

    ReplyDelete